ELIGIBILTIY FOR PLAYERS LEAGUE MEMBERSHIP
Upon satisfaction of an individual's application and admission, for those juniors who desire to participate in any of the Association's golf leagues and/or tournaments, the Board of Directors may establish eligibility requirements. Prior to the start of each golf league season, the Board of Directors shall establish a maximum number of members (junior players) that can participate in each league division. Accordingly, the Board shall consider the maximum allotted Tee Times that will be donated or provided by any of the host golf course(s) to determinate limited amount of players in each division.
(a) The Board of Directors or an authorized selection committee appointed by the Board shall fairly and reasonable determine an individual's eligibility based on, but no limited to, the following factors in successive order:
i. The individual shall be between the ages of eight (8) and eighteen (18), and must be a member in good standing.
ii. Members (players) who have consistently and continuously participated in the associations previous golf league season(s) shall have preference over new members;
iii. The individual has acquired and demonstrated the level of golf skills and knowledge of the game rules to adequately play in any of the Association's specific league divisions;
iv. The potential new member has some connection with the West Maui district area and/or County of Maui, and/or share an interest in the purpose of the Association;
1. The definition of "connected" and "interest" shall be fairly and reasonably determined at the discretion of the Board of Directors and/or the authorized selection committee.
v. Additional Requirement for participation in the Beginner and Intermediate League Division(s) are as follows, unless otherwise subject to paragraph (5) exception.
1. Attend Golf Clinics - Participant must either attend the clinics offered by the Ka'anapali Golf Courses or the Kapalua Golf Academy or both. Attendance will be taken to assure partidipation for the league;
2. Pass and Rules and Etiquette Test - this test will be given at the endow the above mentioned clinics, or if one is not offered the LJGA shall administer the test;
3. Attend Practice Sessions - Participant must attend all practice sessions scheduled by the association to help participants get familiar with the basic concepts of playing in a golf league, match and course conduct;
4. Participate in Practice Rounds - prior to the start of the league season, the Association will attempt to organize practice rounds at both Kaanapali and Kapalua courses, wherein participants shall attend such practice rounds. If the individual cannot attend he/she must submit scorecards outside the practice sessions to demonstrate that they are practicing.
5. EXCEPTION - The above requirements to paragraphs (1) thru (4) shall be waived if the potential participant has been or is playing in the Maui Junior Golf Association tournament programs or one similar, such as the Hawaii State Junior Golf Association tournaments, etc.
Lahaina Junior Golf Association
Registration for our 2017 Fall Season for our League Membership
is now closed. However, you may apply as a GENERAL MEMBER. As a General Member, your application will be placed on file and your status will be an alternate player pending any possible openings at a later time during the season. Moreover, as a General Member you may be considered to participate in other playing or social events schedule. Mahalo!